Job Description: Work Incentives Specialist - Level 2
Work Incentives Specialists: Benefits Management support person(s), as determined by each agency (Area Agencies, Mental Health Centers, Vocational Rehabilitation, etc.). Examples would be: Benefits Specialists, Employment Support Specialists, Financial Case Managers, etc.
Work Incentives Specialists must:
- Master all Level 1 competencies and pass Level 1 Assessment.
- Master all Level 2 competencies and pass Level 2 Assessments and Case studies.
- Complete training in use of WIPA work incentives planning calendar tool.
- Must also have a thorough understanding of ALL eligibility requirements (including local requirements), processes, & rules for ALL types of benefits. Including SSA, SSI, State of NH, Housing, etc.
- Ability to complete basic benefits calculations.
- Basic knowledge of work incentives (how they work, how calculated, etc.)
- Understanding of how to access work incentives (for example, MEAD, 1619b, Subsidies, IRWEs, PASS, etc.).
- Master how to complete Social Security's Work Activity Report. Assist consumers and Level 1 service providers with completion of Social Security's Work Activity Report
- Technical Assistance for Level 1.
- Assist consumers and Level 1 service providers in accessing MEAD & 1619b Medicaid Continuation.
- Develop IRWEs, Subsidies, Special Conditions, & PASS with consumers
- Assist consumers and Level 1 service providers in meeting all reporting requirements for all benefits received.
- Benefits management once work incentives analysis is done by WIPA.
- Attend monthly meetings of NH Benefit Planners Group.
NH GSEP Project
Work Incentives Specialist (Tier 2) Competency Checklist Revised October 12, 2010
- Prerequisite Training and Experience
- Content Knowledge and Skills
- Identifying and Recommending Work Incentives
- Benefits/Work Incentives Management
- Communication and Documentation
- Research & Use of Resources
- Activities, Time Management and Outcomes
Click Here for the Checklist in its entirety