Upcoming Trainings and Events
NH Benefits Planners Monthly Group Meeting
October 14, 2014, 10am - 12N
Coffee and snacks will be served. Agenda
Welcome and Introductions.
- 10am - 11am: Presentation by Karol Demon, Medicare Coordinator, DHHS, on Medicare Part D open enrollment period for 2014.
- 11am - 12N: Presentation by Barbara DelloRusso, Director, WorkReadyNH at NHTI, on the Work Ready programs through Community Colleges
- Other topics for discussion.
NH Benefits Planners November Monthly Group Meeting Presentation by Betsy Hippensteel
Click Here for a PDF of the presentation: Medicaid Care Management Enrollment - Step 1.
New Hampshire Transition Summit VII
November 19, 2013, 8:30am - 3pm
Grappone Conference Center
With Keynote Speaker Jane Thierfeld Brown, Ed.D
The New Hampshire Transition Community of Practice announces its seventh Transition Summit, the only statewide conference for training, collaboration, networking, and information focused on post-secondary outcomes for students. Summit presentations will be focused on effective transition practices that feature one of the following topics areas: planning and programming; workforce readiness; life-long learning; and independent living.
Click Here for schedule and spotlight of sessions.
Space is limited. Click Here to register.
Train to Become a Community Health Worker in NH
December 16, 23, 30, 2013, January 6, 13, 27, 2014
Manchester Health Department
1528 Elm Street, Manchester, NH
As a nation and a state, we are struggling to address the transformation of the health care system as we move to a model of team based care.One strategy that other states have used to engage communities and assist with navigating services is to promote the Community Health Worker (CHW) model.Train to become a CHW in New Hampshire and incorporate your new knowledge into team based care opportunities offered in hospitals, medical practices, community health centers and social service settings.
Space is limited. Click Here for schedule of sessions and to register.
A Webinar for Non-Profit Organizations/Advocates
Social Security: Helping You Serve Your Clients
The Dallas Region of the Social Security Administration has posted this webcast for social workers and case managers. This is an encore presentation from July 2012, in which SSA reviews policies and covers general information regarding retirement, survivors, and disability benefits.
- Social Security programs for individuals with disabilities and those planning for retirement
- eServices, including how to file for benefits
- Obtaining a Social Security card/replacement card
- Medicare and the various enrollment periods
- How to contact SSA for assistance
Click Here for more information.